TEAM is a national leader in the outsourced household employment market. Founded in 2003 and located in San Diego, we provide payroll, outsourced human resources, and risk management solutions nationwide, enabling individuals to choose their own caregivers and in-home service providers. Beyond payroll and risk management, we specialize in fanatical customer service and serve some of the nation’s largest blue-chip banks and financial institutions including: Bank of America, Wells Fargo, BNY Mellon, RBC, City National Bank, Fifth Third Bank, and SunTrust.
We are a high-performing team pursuing aggressive growth targets. We’re proud of our 93% client satisfaction rating, double-digit growth, and acquisition track record. TEAM is backed by a premier private equity firm and led by an experienced team of executives, sales leaders, consultants, and operational professionals. We like to win, but we also have fun doing it: we have a close-knit, family culture and keep things light with our regular team celebrations, office pranks, and weekly massages.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Human Resources Specialist to join us at TEAM. This role will require someone who is highly comfortable navigating through complex employee relations and client service matters expertly and tactfully when multiple constituents, with sometimes competing priorities, and sensitive family and other dynamics are present, such as a staffing company or PEO. It requires a keen ability to critical thinking, problem-solving, and presenting solutions in a consultative manner in very fluid and often undefined situations. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service at all times and in all interactions.
What you’ll do: Provide HR expertise in support of the HR team strategy and TEAM’s vision for unparalleled client experience and expert risk management solutions.
These job duties are not all inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities as requested. Job duties and requirements may change as needed, with or without advanced notice.
- Successfully represent the company by responding timely to employee and client inquiries.
- Investigate and partner with various clients nationwide and management team to resolve routine to complex employee relations matters, while considering multiple stakeholders and promoting best-in-class service for clients.
- Provide expert support on wage and hour inquiries, policy development, terminations and other disciplinary matters.
- Administer and navigate TEAM’s leave of absence programs and provide HR support for workers’ compensation administration.
- Assist with drafting account-specific policies and job descriptions.
- Develop and maintain department human resources records and compile reports.
- Provide cross-functional HR support, guidance, and partnership to client service, payroll, and HR teams.
- Support fast-paced, high-volume client and employee onboarding efforts through management and resolution of escalated issues, client-specific requests, and/or service introductions to new clients.
- Partner cross-functionally on compliance team projects and initiatives.
- Lead and/or participate on project teams to develop and implement new HR services, systems or other internal operational efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of key business and department objectives.
What you’ll need to know/have:
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple small divisions nationwide that have varying regulations and distinctive, or even conflicting, requests and/or requirements.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service at all times and in all interactions.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment requiring strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and collaboration with multiple participants.
- Be adept at analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving and able to make quick decisions with good judgment within broadly defined guidelines and in consideration of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to independently or with minimal direction research regulations, local/state laws, and other HR best practices.
- Ability to quickly build trusted relationship, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, with the ability to also see the big picture and evaluate situations from multiple angles.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with proven experience fostering strong partnerships with clients.
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity.
- Experience at a staffing company or PEO, a plus.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of progressive human resources experience, or equivalent, preferably with multi-state employees at a Generalist level. Degree preferred in Human Resources, Psychology, Communications, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred and PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a plus.
- Possess intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Google docs, and HRIS and time and attendance systems.
Location: San Diego
For more information on our team, visit us at www.team-risk.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Outlook: 5 years (Preferred)
- multi-state HR: 3 years (Preferred)
- Regulations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Employee Relations: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 5 years (Preferred)
- Time & Attendance Systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)