General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Optometrist works as part of the Vision Clinic within FHC’s clinical setting. The Optometrist is responsible for planning and performing eye examinations in accordance with State and Federal laws, Family Health Center, Inc.’s (FHC) policies and procedures, and industry standard practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides eye examinations to FHC’s patients to detect defects in vision and ocular diseases, such as glaucoma and conjunctivitis, and documents related results in the electronic medical record;
2. Records and measures vision to prescribe lenses, contacts, therapy, and/or eye exercises for patients with sight impairments;
3. Oversees vision staff to ensure that operations are conducted in an efficient and effective manner;
4. Ensures that vision staff adequately sterilizes eye instruments and follows proper infection control protocols;
5. Complies with FHC’s policies, procedures, and related medical protocols; and
6. Performs related duties as assigned by the Medical Director to meet the needs of patients and to ensure the continued operation of FHC.
The Optometrist is supervised and reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
1. Must have completed a 4-year Bachelor's program, preferably in a relevant or related field such as biology, chemistry, or physiology, and be licensed to practice optometry in the State of Mississippi;
2. Ability to manage staff, work well with others, and communicate effectively with management personnel;
3. Must have typing skills/computer skills and be able to type at least 35 wpm; and
4. Must have one year experience in a health care setting and/or similar industry.
Job Type: Full-time