Responsible for the strategic development of new Healthcare features for the key product areas that serve to drive traffic, customer experience, revenue growth and profitability for the Company. Analyzes complex new product design drawings and specifications and translates them into finished high quality commercialized Healthcare products that provide the company with a competitive advantage. Works closely with the engineering team, other Product Managers and business stakeholders to define, develop and deliver on Healthcare product priorities and ensure a effective rollout and utilization of the Product.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq:
- Responsible for Healthcare product management activities for several products or one key product. Defines and develops new products, manages cross-organization efforts to ensure approval, then manages introduction.
- Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features. Coordinates among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that Healthcare products get to market per specifications, within budget and on schedule.
- Gathers input to define product concepts. Justifies expenditures for products. Defines and analyzes markets. Develops detailed product features and requirements, and develops implementation plans.
- Analyzes and designs product or technical product enhancements, integrating the work and viewpoints of internal partners for all or part of a new or potential product or product line.
- Serves as a resource to other product managers, assisting them in the resolution of semi-complex problems or may lead them on larger projects.
- Assesses emerging trends in the healthcare space and potential partnerships that allow the delivery of innovative products to our customers.
- Provides technical consultation during the early life cycle of new products and the design stage of products. May participate in the marketing, forecasting and financial aspects of the product.
- Provides actionable understandings to improve product performance and profitability. May plan, prepare, and present product introduction strategies. Coordinates with outside vendors and strategic partners to ensure that product initiatives are well-defined and delivered on time and within budget.
- May participate in the marketing, forecasting and financial aspects of the product.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Leads innovative and bold initiatives aimed at transforming healthcare using the latest technologies and methodologies. Prioritizes product features and capabilities.
- Defines and analyzes metrics that inform the results of the Healthcare products.
- May affect and/or be accountable for profit and loss capabilities or budgetary management of assigned products in the Healthcare product space.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
Bachelor’s degree at least 4 years of experience in Product Management, Technical Product Management and/or operational experience in the Healthcare Sector, leading change & continuous improvement OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Product Management, Technical Product Management and/or operational experience in the Healthcare Sector, leading change & continuous improvement
Experience working on all aspects of the product management lifecycle
Experience working with advanced process design product management/development principles
Experience managing large scope, complex projects with multiple partner teams that span multiple releases or phases.
Experience translating complex topics into clear business-speak
Experience influencing & communicating reasons for change
At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
MBA or Master’s Degree
Experience strategizing and leading large, complicated Healthcare product visions with industry impacts
Experience developing a product roadmap & value case of on-going optimization of the product