ASSISTANT COACH-MENTOR (Soccer)
DEPARTMENT MSYSA Outreach & Grassroots
DATE OPENED 01/20/2023
FILING DEADLINE OPEN
SALARY $18 - $25 p/hour – based on experience
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Part-Time
WORK LOCATION: Silver Spring/Langley Park, MD
Let’s Play!, run by MSYSA, is seeking motivated and enthusiastic candidates to join the coach-mentor team. Program will run two days per week starting the week of March 27th -May 26th (8weeks). The available positions require outgoing and caring individuals with the ability to lead kids in a positive learning environment centered on soccer and self-improvement/Character development. Help is needed in a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding atmosphere. To learn more about Let’s Play, please visit us: https://www.msysa.org/recreation/lets-play-program-overview/
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum Experience: desire to see kids lives improved; Some sporting background a plus but not essential; teaching/coaching is a plus but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Consent to and complete a background check (MSYSA will cover the cost).
- Competent in guiding the head coach with (25-40) students, ages 5-11, through sport and life-teaching moments.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Attend one or more practices per week for a daily commitment of approximately 1.5- 2 hours (3:30/4:30pm – typical timeframe).
- Assist with the facilitation of the day’s lesson plan.
- Participate in games and activities with the students.
- Work with head coaches and volunteers to create a positive learning environment.
- New hires are subject to a criminal background check (paid by MSYSA).
- New hires must complete SafeSport and Heads Up Concussion training in addition to program training (Approx. 3-4 hours of total training) and one in person field training.
- Applications will be prescreened before candidates are invited to an interview.
- Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available you may submit via mail, e-mail, or deliver in person before the closing date and time.
- Individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, MSYSA is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Mailing Address: Maryland State Youth Soccer Association, 3060 Route 97, Ste 178,
Glenwood, MD 21738
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- sports coaching or soccer coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations