The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing, and enthusiastic way. This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, and will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The job requires team or collaborative work within the organization, and will be integral in bringing out the best in others. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act, will be an important aspect of the job. It is important in this job for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner. Decisions will many times have to be made under pressure, and will generally need the ideas and advice of others. Details will need to be handled quickly and accurately, but will not be a repetitive part of the job. Many tasks in this job may entail selling or persuading others, and/or may entail training others in some capacity. This job will involve controlling all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion.
- Review and analysis of monthly financial statements with the Community Managers to enhance knowledge, create efficiencies and develop plans to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Mentor sites within TREK guidelines; ensure teams are performing to expectations and receiving constructive frequent feedback and recognition in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provide leadership and pre-audit tactics for agency audits and inspections, meetings with residents and REAC inspections. Assure ongoing preparation for annual HUD REAC, Investor, and other lender inspectors.
- Assist the Community Manager with Recruiting, training, coaching, and motivating Service Tech members. Provide timely feedback regarding performance.
- Work with Community Manager to ensure turns meet 3-5-day process. During visits with Community Managers identify maintenance issues and help them schedule work needed as a result of those inspections.
- Assist Community Manager and Service team on scheduling vendors as needed for preparation and completion of vacant units to be market ready within company guidelines.
- Minimum quarterly scheduled and unscheduled inspections of each property with written plan to elevate curb appeal, market ready units, common areas and safety.
- To be safety minded and knowledgeable of OSHA regulations and environmental hazards associated with products used in the work of the maintenance department, and of any hazards known or found to be present on the property and maintain a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Assist procurement and performance for all services relating to maintenance including, but not limited to, vendor service and general contracts, such as waste disposal, preventative maintenance, pest management, capital projects and repairs of the physical plant, site and all associated equipment in a safe and workmanlike manner.
- Manage, and plan execution for all preventative maintenance needs of the portfolio and train Service teams maintain reports and logs relative to replacement and maintenance with warranty dates and serial numbers for HVAC equipment, appliances, vehicles, large power tools and equipment.
- Be aware, determine cost and track of anticipated capital improvements such as carpet, asphalt, HVAC, hazard and roofing repair and replacement.
- Manage As-Built drawings, Warranty Records, Operations and Maintenance Manual; and product documentation including warranty, manufacturer and contractor contacts.
- Train Service Teams to be able to prepare and manage logs and inspection reports for the Preventative Maintenance Plan which includes: boiler pressures and temperature, hallway graffiti, elevators, life safety, emergency lighting, snow logs, stair condition, outside inspections and certifications, etc.
- Create Maintenance Manage shop standard and maintenance garage / storage areas for organization, inventory and safety compliance., roll out. Collaborates on best practices across the teams from all sites.
- Set example for other Service Staff in matters of dress, appearance, demeanor, and The Hospitality Covenant
- Available for 24‑hour emergencies and maintenance on-call rotation.
- Other duties that arise may be assigned.
- Work with Development on project construction and participate in the project meetings to be the voice of PM relating to operational needs for long term viability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and RealPage or other industry software experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- “Excellent Customer Service” skills required
- Leadership skills and understanding of effective management of personal development and career paths for all employees desired
- Ability to forecast out 5 years for capital needs.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
- Commutable radius to property
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across sites.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college or trade school desired or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail experience required.
- 5+ years of multi-site, multi-family multi-property type operational management experience, preferably with a portfolio of properties that contain a mix of residential property types or a comparable role in hotel/resort/retail management.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years advanced experience in hands on plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and electrical repairs. Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and protective equipment.
- Experience in training, budget development and managing expenses; bid and managing vendors, service and general building contractors are essential skills.
- One or more industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC, ETC) preferred.
- Willingness to get certification within 6 months of hiring to meet any specific site/area ne
- Strong Leadership presence and proven track record in employee development of a team of two or more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year