More than a trend or just a healthy meal, our restaurants stem from a family tradition and a way of life started over 77 years ago. Our efforts are driven by deep and holistic values about sustainability, the health of humans, the earth and the betterment of our community. The right fit for this Executive position will have a depth of experience in multi-unit management and oversight, a passion for elevated service and guest experience, an ability to develop a strong positive company culture and deliver measurable results to the bottom line. Currently, there are three locations in the Providence, RI area, two full service restaurants/bars and a vegan/gluten free bakery and café. As the DO, you will report directly to Ownership while overseeing and directing all day-to-day operations, develop and support the management team and staff. Below is a detailed description of the key competencies and responsibilities of this position:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Staff, Management and Personnel:
- Develops, secures approval and oversees implementation of plans for the operations, training, and staffing of all areas.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance in all operations and provides the necessary coordination between locations.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, recommends effective personnel actions.
- Participates directly in operations to ensure unit and corporate success, as needed.
- Achieves company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities and operations. Issues specific objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives of management.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and effectively training new managers and providing on-going training to ensure that service standards and product quality are consistent and maintained at all times.
- Supports General Managers with termination decisions and action plans.
- Works closely with Executive Chefs to ensure that all staff, including BOH employees, are provided with the food knowledge to continuously improve and ensure our guests return again & again.
- Continually strives to provide chefs managerial and professional development.
- Ensures that Handbook policies, procedures, and standards are maintained and followed in a consistent and fair manner.
- Oversees and supervises staff and the tasks assigned to them. Provides support and opportunity for continuous productive feedback.
Guest Service & Care:
- Develops strategies and oversees operations to maximize customer satisfaction, sales growth, and profitability.
- Is accessible to all staff at all times when on duty to enhance the dining experience and work environment.
- Expediently responds to guest inquiries, concerns or complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into repeat guests.
- Participate in marketing, off site events, and media outreach as requested/needed.
Operational & Financial:
- Works with ownership and management to develop growth and developmental plans for all current and future managers.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Presents monthly reports on performance as required or requested by ownership to share all operational information.
- Relays this information to managers to ensure that clear financial targets are communicated in a transparent manner.
- Identifies, develops and presents to ownership matters requiring their input.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of operations including retail, delivery, catering, and production.
- Develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budgets and financial estimates.
- Reviews and approves cost control reports, cost estimates, and facilities reports.
- Develops and oversees budgets throughout the locations and presents to ownership for approval and monitoring.
- Plans and oversees major projects involving major functional changes within the operating areas in support of ownership’s strategic plan.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with vendors, suppliers and maintenance personnel.
- Ensures all health and safety restaurant policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensures all assigned financial duties are completed accurately, on-time and in-accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
Food & Beverage - Health & Safety:
- Ensures that consistent, high quality food is presented in all locations.
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen, dining and storage areas.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Maintains systems to ensure inventories are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains systems to ensure the timely maintenance of equipment and facilities.
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience:
- Business and/or Hospitality Degree preferred
- 15 years of hospitality management experience, at least 5 years of multi-unit experience
- Must be ServSafe Certified (Food)
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of service, food and beverage, and leadership
- Fluent in English speaking, writing and understanding
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional consciousness of non-verbal language.
- High level of active listening skills and strong guest service skills, which includes the ability to resolve guest issues/complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events and ensure guests’ satisfaction, also required to work effectively in pressure and/or busy situations.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the businesses.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Positive team and motivational skills.
- Aptitude for accurate mathematical calculations as it relates to inventory and financial management.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to employees, guests, vendors, and the community .
- General foodservice environment in which you may remain standing on your feet for up to six hours.
- May be required to stoop, kneel, reach, lift and /or carry during the course of the work shift.
- This may require you to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. during the course of the work shift.
Job Type: Full-time