We're looking for an Associate Clinical Director to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Research Oncology team to provide clinical and research leadership both within and outside Flatiron. The team works on a day-to-day basis to ensure quality and translate real-world data into insights that benefit cancer patients. This includes input into how data sets are developed and used, thinking about scientific problem sets and their interpretation, and working collaboratively to move Real World Evidence forward. Reporting to the Senior Clinical Director, you will be responsible for working with our Research teams to ensure that we are building clinically accurate research solutions. In addition, you'll also:
- Support the development of Flatiron Research products and provide daily clinical support for the Research organization
- Provide feedback on policies and procedures that dictate the data abstraction process across multiple oncology therapeutic areas and tumor types
- Develop clinical education modules to support the education needs of various Research teams, including online disease-based modules for our large network of clinical data abstractors
- Keep our Research teams abreast of new drug developments and how they impact our products and our customers
- Support project scoping across our various Research products through understanding client needs and their clinical implications
- Provide clinical support to cross-functional teams to optimize data quality
- Support development of Flatiron presentations and publications
You'll work closely with our Research Oncologists, Clinical Data, Execution, Product, Quantitative Sciences, Engineering and other teams to answer clinical questions, advise on quality assurance activities and provide clinical education support.
Who You Are
You're a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant with 5+ years of experience and a background in an oncology/hematology clinical care setting. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have broad oncology clinical knowledge and an understanding of evolving standards of care, including new cancer therapies and biomarkers
- You are comfortable answering clinical questions in a way that is understandable to non-clinicians, and ability to find answers to more complex questions
- You have excellent technology skills (includes adeptness with oncology-specific electronic medical records)
- You have strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate clinical issues effectively with a diverse team of software engineers, product managers, and other technical staff
- You thrive in a collaborative, interprofessional, and fast-paced environment.
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You are self-motivated and autonomous and are ability to prioritize
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have expertise in a specific disease area, be it solid or liquid tumors
- You have experience in writing for publication
- You have clinical research/clinical trial experience
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.