Everyone is trying to “harness the power of the Cloud,” but not everyone knows how. As a Cloud architect, you know how to build a Cloud-based technical architecture that meets customer needs and takes advantage of Cloud capabilities. What if you could use your Cloud architecture skills to improve cloud-based solutions with interagency partners to facilitate the design and stand-up of a high-performance cloud Computing environment in Amazon Web Services (AWS)? We need you to help us develop Cloud-based solutions to some of the US government's toughest challenges.
As a Cloud architect on our team, you’ll support a research and development (R&D) program that will facilitate the design and stand-up of a high-performance Cloud computing environment in AWS. You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll learn how to help customers overcome their most difficult challenges in Cloud migration from an experienced team. You will engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend client challenges, prototype new ideas and new technologies, and help to create Cloud-based solutions to drive the next wave of innovation. You’ll work with US government interagency partners to ensure standards are met as you guide them through Cloud migration. This is an opportunity to use the latest Cloud technologies as you look for ways to improve your customer’s environment using current Cloud capabilities. You’ll be able to build your experience in the development of a DevOps pipeline to drive the rapid delivery of functionality to the client at hyper speed while developing critical systems for the US government. You will help develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. We focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers, so you’ll have resources for mentoring and learning new skills and tools. Join our team as we transform a multi-tenant Cloud environment with the latest Cloud technology.
Support a research and development (R&D) program and coordinate with interagency partners to facilitate the design and stand-up of a high-performance Cloud computing environment in AWS. Identify current and future challenges faced by a multi-tenant Cloud environment and recommend system solutions. Assist with the design, development, deployment, and support of system software based on the customer’s needs, including distributed systems, configuration management, data aware scheduling, resource allocation, metadata collection, parallel file-systems, workflow management, and visualization. Analyze engineering plans and projects to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and analyze proposals and related technical data to develop design alternatives. Apply technical and engineering expertise to shape existing and future research programs to leverage the environment. Establish and maintain client relationships and engage in strategic outreach to stakeholders to maximize project success.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience with supporting systems engineering efforts in system design and evaluation, solution engineering, software development, or system administration
- Experience with building, delivering, and managing Cloud-based IaaS environments, including AWS
- Experience with formulating and presenting results to technical audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with using AWS SDKs and APIs
- Experience with implementing automated processes for PaaS and IaaS environments
- Experience with designing, developing, and testing systems in AWS using the command line interface
- Experience with CI/CD technologies, including Ansible, Jenkins, and Git
- Experience with Agile development or Scrum
- Experience with working in an intelligence community environment
- Knowledge of virtualization and Cloud computing architectures and concepts
- Knowledge of Cloud-specific technologies and services, including AWS Command Line Interfaces (CLIs) and AWS SDKs
- Knowledge of Cloud architectural constructs and establishing and maintaining Cloud environments using vendor consoles
- Ability to design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of Cloud-based solutions
- Ability to exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph preferred
- Amazon Certification, including Developer, SysOps Administrator, or Solutions Architect
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.