At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling:
To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Austin, TX (preferred), New York, NY, or Armonk, NY. Must live within commuting distance from any these locations, or ready to relocate.
Why work for IBM Quantum
Why work for IBM QuantumWhy work for IBM Quantum?Quantum computers are incredibly powerful machines that take a new approach to processing information. Built on the principles of quantum mechanics, they exploit complex and fascinating laws of nature that are always there, but usually remain hidden from view. By harnessing such natural behavior, quantum computing can run new types of algorithms to process information more holistically. They may one day lead to revolutionary breakthroughs in materials and drug discovery, the optimization of complex man-madesystems, and artificial intelligence. We expect them to open doors that we once thought would remain locked indefinitely. Do you want to be a part of this revolutionary team?
About Your Role
You are proven in event strategy, planning and production. You’ll join our marketing team to create experiential event strategy, as well as build and execute events, that set IBM Quantum apart from the competition. The ideal candidate will be organized and possess exceptional strategy, management, and execution skills.
- Design, build and execute an exceptional experience inclusive of proprietary and non-proprietary events with a focus on differentiating IBM globally.
- Drive demand by creating a customer experience that delights and engages, builds the brand, and extends our reach through content marketing and digital technology.
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop content, messaging, and surround elements (digital, social) for the key events.
- Develop and analyze event leads and follow-up programs, constantly testing new ways to drive more leads and more conversions.
- Apply analytics and insights to better understand attendees, their behaviors & interests, and improve engagement
driving the continual optimization of future events, strategies, and plans.
- Establish and manage budgets to maximize return on marketing investment by optimizing efforts through iteration and experimentation.
- Act as the IBM Power Systems Events lead on WW Diamond Teams and liaison to IBM Systems extended geography teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years in event strategy and execution roles.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills: experience working across multiple organization, executive leadership, and external agencies to manage event strategy.
- Basic knowledge of Marketing Automation / Optimization Tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.