Job Title: IT Project Manager
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Summary: Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frames.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic alignment and integration across IT projects/programs in support of business unit process and administrative effectiveness.
- Defines project required to support programs and partners to ensure their implementation on time, within budget and with benefits realize.
- Manages project(s) from initiation through delivery and monitors for continuous improvement.
- Organizes the interdepartmental activities and holds departments accountable for completion of tasks.
- Participates cross-functionally in business planning to support business unit strategy. Assigning and monitoring work of the team members and providing guidance and leadership.
- Create and review project plans taking into account pertinent time frames, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available human resources for various phases of project.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare project reports and timelines for management or other designated partners.
- Provide technical advice and resolve pertinent issues.
- Ensure project activities comply with any/all regulatory requirements.
- Work independently and collaborate with internal and external team members and participate in Team and JOC meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Example Projects Include:
Software Development, Database Optimization, EMR Integration, New Client onboarding, Application Implementation
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years project management experience in healthcare projects.
- 3 + years’ experience with Project Management Applications and Tools.
Education: BS. or MS degree in Computer Science, business, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Project Management with PMP certification preferred
- Scrum Master preferred
- Proven organizational, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to plan, budget, track oversee all aspects of the project.
- Ability to identify and manage project risks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with a diverse group of co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong approach to problem solving, organization, great technical leadership, flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Healthcare from Payor perspective.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic data preparation, mapping and transformation.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of Project Management Applications.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Proficient in SQL queries.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Project Management Applications and Tools: 3 years (Required)
- Project Management in Healthcare Projects: 3 years (Required)
- Houston, TX 77054 (Required)
- Scrum Master (Preferred)
- PMP (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift