Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Works under the supervision of Maintenance Supervisor and performs a wide variety of technical, mechanical, and electrical tasks in accordance with established maintenance policy and procedures.
1. Completes work orders and projects in a timely manner as determined by manager and consistent with Industry standards.
2. Follows through on assigned work orders and projects to completion. Communicates to Manager any problems or issues that are encountered.
3. Regularly identifies and reports necessary facility or equipment repairs to manager.
4. Seeks additional work when assigned work orders and projects are completed.
5. Takes care in completing quality work in a workmanlike manner consistent with Industry standards.
6. Follows direction from managers and learns and follows instruction and policies established by managers and according to Industry standards.
7. Flexible in covering other shifts schedules as needed.
1. Receives and follows maintenance schedule/instructions from supervisor as outlined in established maintenance procedures.
2. Performs preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance to all facility equipment. Drives a forklift and pick-up truck as well as climbing ladders.
3. Maintains, tests, inspects, and repairs electrical and mechanical equipment including low pressure boilers, chillers, air handlers, cooling towers, fans, HVAC, electrical and pneumatic controls, emergency generators, heat pumps and their controlling devices.
4. Prepares and installs various sizes of plumbing pipelines and fixtures.
5. Paints inside and outside on a variety of surfaces and performs the detail painting tasks consistent with building and general construction trades.
6. Performs window glazing, masonry, tiling and cement work.
7. Maintains records of work performed by completing work orders; maintains inventory, materials on hand and materials used.
8. Follows established safety procedures and precautions of the facility and in the performance of maintenance duties.
9. Maintains good working relationships with co-workers.
10. Communicates via radio.
11. Regular attendance.
- Applies carpentry skills and techniques necessary in repairing, constructing, remodeling, and maintaining facility plant; selects material, fabricates and installs, planes, sands and finishes; nails, bolts, mortises, dowels and glues items. Essential only for position of maintenance mechanic/carpenter.
- Installs electrical connections and other electrical work, designs and installs electrical and mechanical systems and modifications as needed.
- Performs general construction work, constructs building partitions, structures and structural building modifications.
OBRA & Title 22 requirements
- Ensures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information to assure their rights are protected.
- Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety rules and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- With knowledge of building maintenance with working background to include some electrical, plumbing, and pumps, HVAC knowledge is desirable.
- List the specific skills, abilities and experience required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must have previous experience in building maintenance with working background to include some electrical, plumbing, and pumps, HVAC. Ability to troubleshoot equipment, or repair
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through* Tuition Reimbursement*
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations