The Dakota Media Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Schurz Communications, Inc., is looking for an energetic Event/Marketing Specialist to help enhance our visibility in the local community. The Event/Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the development of our local marketing strategy and planning successful events that advance the recognition of the company and the brand. The successful candidate will also be charged with discovering new opportunities within the community to establish a stronger bond with our target audience and increase local market share.
The Dakota Media Group includes The American News, Farm Forum, and The Watertown Public Opinion.
Average Hours: 25 hours per week (flexible daily hours)
- Identify potential opportunities at the local level and create campaigns to capitalize on those opportunities
- Develop a network of event subcontractors that make planning each community event a simple process
- Work closely with advertising sales staff and accompany them on sales visits when needed
- Manage all aspects of the event planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors, venue identification, menu development, printing and design of materials and budget tracking
- Collaborate with several departments within the company as well as local community groups
- Attend community functions to network and identify potential opportunities
- Create summary reports of each event outlining how data gathered from current community events can be used to develop successful future events
- You will be required to create and provide sales tools, event planning layouts and vendor contracts
- Programs you will use: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Online Ticketing Program, Email Marketing program
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required in related field
- 2+ years' event management experience (preferred)
- Must be comfortable using social media, email and related design programs
- Be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be a self-starter who requires little to no supervision to meet corporate goals
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills required
Incentive pay will be available based on event performance. The position also offers part-time benefits that include a 401(k) program with company match and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Dakota Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Required work authorization: