Rockland Immunochemicals is a worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies and antibody-based tools. To further enable innovative biomarker development for drug discovery and diagnostic applications, we also offer highly customized solutions to meet basic, applied and clinical research demands.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated team player as an addition to our R&D team to support biomarker discovery and assay development.
This position requires an individual with broad experience in different methods and approaches for biomarker discovery. This position entails hands-on laboratory work, the ability to perform independently in a rapid paced environment and collaborating with team members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up, execution and troubleshooting of sample preparation for enrichment or purification of endogenous protein samples to be analyzed by SDS-PAGE and two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2DE).
- Set-up, execution and troubleshooting of immunoassays including immunoprecipitation (IP), Western blot (WB), dot blot and ELISA.
- Perform biochemical and antibody-based assays using commercial kits.
- Responsible for data analysis, data management and comprehensive documentation.
- Responsible for generation and/or optimization of protocols.
- Accountable for ensuring that experiments, data analysis and reports meet strict timelines.
- PhD degree with plus two years of experience, MSc plus four years of experience or BSc plus more than five years of experience in biomarker discovery and/or assay development.
- Hands-on experience in 2DE and SDS-PAGE including sample preparation and method optimization is required.
- Demonstrated experience in immunoassay including IP, WB and ELISA is required.
- Demonstrated experience using commercial kits is required.
- Experimental design and data analysis in biomarker discovery in oncology, immunology or other areas is desired.
- Experience in culture of human cell lines and primary cells is a plus.
- Proven collaborative and intra-institutional coordination skills.
- Track record of contribution/authorship of documents including for regulatory submission and publication.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sds Page & SDE: 4 years (Required)
- Immunoassay set-up, execution and troubleshooting: 4 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules