Custom Architectural Plywood Veneer Manufacturer, located in New Freedom, PA
Quality, Initiative, Accountability, Ownership.
Sieling & Jones is looking for someone who shares in these values to serve as our Controller / HR Manager. We are a Custom Architectural Plywood Manufacturer located in New Freedom, PA; in business for over 50 years; 50+ employees; privately owned; 45,000 sq. ft. facility
About the position…
- As a member of this two person department, the Controller and Bookkeeper are responsible, in a hands-on manner, for all Accounting, Human Resources & Risk Management activities.
- Review and/or completion of all business accounting functions including AP/AR, Payroll, Account Reconciliations, and business analysis
- Prepare monthly financial statements including month end closing entries and financial analysis
- Complete all government manufacturing & business surveys
- Provide weekly sales backlog and sales forecast
- Maintain good internal controls
- Prepare yearend financial review package for outside accounting firm
- Prepare monthly PA Sales & Use Tax Return
- Manage business cash flow
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Working with Benefits Broker and oversee employee insurance programs
- Assessing human resource capital requirements in collaboration with respective Managers & Supervisors, placing job ads, setting up interviews, & point person on all hiring and terminations
- 401k Administration
- Oversee outside IT Service
- Review & negotiate commercial business and employee insurance coverage programs
- Perform & oversee a variety of office administrative tasks
Our Ideal Controller / Human Resource Manager
- Skilled: Knowledgeable in all aspects of accounting – payroll, AP/AR, budgeting, sales tax filing, etc. Familiar with basic HR processes. 3+ years’ experience required.
- Career-Focused: Someone excited to learn, advance and take on more responsibilities as we continue to grow. BA in Accounting or Business Management strongly preferred.
- Team Player: Will be part of the Senior Management Team; Humble enough to admit mistakes; Driven to do a great job; Skilled at relating to people; willing take ownership of work.
- Analytical: Able to see the big picture and build a strategic plan to reach that goal.
- Detailed: Can organize time and information to ensure that deadlines are met and information is accurate.
- Excellent Communicator: Must be able to communicate clearly in writing, on the phone, and via small group presentation.
- Computer Savvy: Familiar with accounting software/ Quick Books, MS Office products (including MS Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint), strong typing skills
If you are interested in working for a growing, small manufacturing company, where your contributions and initiative are valued and appreciated, please submit your resume and salary requirements in MS Word or PDF format.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5+ years (Required)
- Human Resources: 3 + years (required)
- Light / Medium manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Quick Books
- MS Office products
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Supervisor: 4 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- Light Manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts