FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
FCS is looking for a Senior Project Manager to oversee the preparation and administration of technically and legally adequate environmental studies—primarily Environmental Impact Reports (EIR) or Environmental Impact Statements (EIS). Responsible for proactive business development and marketing activities and to provide training to technical staff for professional growth.
This role can work from one of our many offices including Walnut Creek, Fresno, San Bernardino, Pasadena, Irvine or our soon-to-open Rocklin office. Potential alternative office locations within the Roseville location as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administration of clients and sub consultant contracts, project budgets, and billings
- Prepare project invoices and monitor accounts receivables in a timely and effective manner
- Provide input for long-range financial planning (i.e., 3- to 6-month workload projections)
- Review contractual terms and identify potential conflicts
- Review and approve project sub consultant invoices
- Plan, organize, schedule, assign, coordinate, and direct the activities of project staff
- Participate in staff training programs. Review research and written materials submitted from staff and suggest improvements
- Keep abreast of recent legislative, administrative, and judicial interpretations of related environmental statutes and ensure that staff is well informed of changes
- Identify the need for technical and production staff assistance for projects and assign staff accordingly
- Establish and maintain a high level of communication directly with the client and subconsultants
- Conduct project initiation meetings for team members to explain the proposed project, project issues, sensitive concerns, and format for environmental documents
- Conduct and participate in public and private sector project meetings, including making presentations to the public during scoping, community meetings, and public hearings
- Establish task budgets and time schedules and coordinate with the overall project
- Review staff research and written material for content, conciseness, and completeness
- Review subconsultant work for comprehensive and completeness
- Conduct research and prepare technical sections for environmental documents
- Coordinate and prepare proposal and qualification packages with the Marketing Department
- Develop project opportunities through proactive marketing of the firm
- Prepare fee, schedule, and scope of work for proposals. Provide opportunities to maximize profitability
- Identify project subconsultants and coordinate their input for proposals and qualifications
- Assist marketing efforts by providing complete project descriptions on current projects, and updating resume as needed
- Strong leadership skills
- Plan, organize, assign, and coordinate the activities of technical and support staff and subconsultants on assigned projects
- Supervise and efficiently edit technical staff’s written materials to provide constructive feedback
- Proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects
- Communicate effectively through written and oral methods
- Promote teamwork through interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as internet usage
The position operates both in field and office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, as well as exposure to inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit at a computer for extended periods as well as communicate with clients and staff over the phone. The employee will be expected to attend meetings, hearings and perform public speaking from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography or related field
- 7 years’ professional experience in environmental and/or planning field
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and their processing requirements
- Business Development experience with strong client relations skills
- 2+ years’ experience managing large scale projects/programs ( >$1M in revenue)
- Experience in managing large compliance programs, project management techniques, marketing and proposal preparation, and financial management principles and practices
- Prior experience with Oil and Gas Sector
- Prior Supervisory experience