Summary of Position:
The Vice President of Engineering has overall responsibility for the development of AEi/Mycronic products. This includes management of project commitments, design quality, ISO processes, budget and growth of a multi-disciplinary technical staff. A successful Vice President of Engineering is organized and detail oriented; excels in technical program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in a fast-paced development environment and works well within a team structure to delivery results.
- At least 5-8 years in full life-cycle, cross-functional development of new products in capital equipment or industrial automation. Understanding of high-tech manufacturing environment with strong focus on customers.
- Broad understanding of mechanical assemblies, optics, electrical, and embedded software with substantial expertise in at least one domain.
- Strong functional and organizational management skills.
- Prior experience with direct oversight or line management of teams > 10 people
- History of building teams, talent and capability * Familiarity with ISO-9001 or similar quality systems.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- BS degree in EE, ME, CS or similar engineering discipline; MS preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of time/ international and domestic. International project development experience desired.
- Organize, manage and grow technical staff to insure sufficient capacity and capability to meet aggressive product development goals that are aligned with core competencies.
- Build effective engineering management team across mechanical, electrical and software disciplines. Engage with outside suppliers to address capability and capacity needs.
- Establish project and resource management methods that insure predictability in the overall product development process.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting on project status and resource capability. Effectively document and transfer new products to operations.
- Manage engineering support resources including doc-control, tech-pubs, NPI and engineering labs.
- Lead overall engineering/R&D organization
- Develop and manage overall R&D budget. * Effectively engage with peers across broader organization
- Work with sales, marketing, and systems engineering to develop platform architecture, product roadmap and new product definition.
- Work with systems engineering and applications to develop and introduce new technologies.
- Coordinate NPI and sustaining engineering activities to support operational and cost-down objectives.
- Support applications and service on emerging customer issues
- Coordinate with other Mycronic businesses to align efforts and effectively collaborate where possible. * Drive continuous improvement across R&D organization
- Introduce new tools and methods to improve development efficiency and efficacy.
- Develop annual goals and KPIs that are aligned with corporate objectives.
- Update and maintain ISO-9001 PLM processes.
- Develop culture of growth and innovation, support staff through assessment and coachin
Job Type: Full-time