Logistics Support Analyst II
Fort Detrick, MD
***Candidate MUST HAVE a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Logistics Support Analyst to join our dynamic team. This position will provide analytical support for one of our clients in Ft. Detrick, Maryland. Some of the primary functions of the Logistics Analyst include participation in developing annual transportation budgets, invoice coding and processing, parcel accounts process ownership, freight bill audits, gather and analyze logistics data and financial reports, forecasting and completing transportation related cost savings analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business (with emphasis in Logistics/Supply Chain Management) or related discipline.
- 5-7 years progressive transportation & freight cost management, Logistics, Supply Chain and or Operations processes and systems.
- Carrier/supplier interaction experience
- Quantitative analysis skills will a proven hands-on experience with MS Excel, with exceptional data handling skills.
- Should be able to efficiently and effectively handle/manipulate data from multiple sources including utilization of data query tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports.
- A working proficiency in accounting and/or experience with accruals expense.
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
- Effective project management skills/capabilities; including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to directly influence and lead teams, including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or with outside professionals.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- MBA with 8+ years supply chain experience, with practical work experience in Logistics, Operation Research, manufacturing or Engineering.
- Solid working knowledge of logistics and inventory strategies & practices, including a record of negotiating and implementing contracts.
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills, including a working proficiency in accounting, procurement, quality and or/process management experience.
- Competency in working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge of Army Logistical Systems, Remedy Action Request System, Logistics Information Warehouse, and experience with ERP systems.
- Maintain databases of logistics information.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Provide ongoing analyses in area such as transportation costs, parts procurement, back orders or deliver processes.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory, using web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles or containers.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
- Enter logistics-related data into databases.
- Develop or maintain models for logistics uses, such as cost estimating or demand forecasting.
- Processing information, searching for facts and figures, working out problems mentally and able to make informed decisions.
- Assist with analysis, development and implementation of logistics cost saving initiatives
- Subject matter expert for Freight Bill Audit and Payment provider
- Review reports from provider and liaise with provider to identify and investigate anomalies
- Analyze/Model various logistics data
- Create and maintain various statistical analysis as required
- Utilize available resources to create and maintain reports for management
- Participate in the development of annual budgets
- Resolve data discrepancies using problem solving skills
- Analyze financial reports and review for accuracy
- Liaise between transportation operations and finance department to investigate and correct anomalies, errors, and re-classify charges as necessary
- Review data and report trend detail
- Manage data; transportation mode analysis and transportation past and present performance (profit/loss analysis, forecast reporting, etc.) to identify problems and provide recommendations that drive logistics improvements
- Develop and maintain metrics data and provide weekly/monthly reports designed to measure performance, identify costs and provide guidance for logistics and operational planning
- Complete miscellaneous transportation and logistics cost analysis as requested by management
- Communicate account information to required parties including store operations, finance, accounting, and freight bill audit/payment provider
- Maintain account codes and account hierarchy
- Understand core processes of the transportation department to provide input on cost reduction opportunities
- Work with various systems to gather, collect and manipulate data to format into reports in a weekly basis
- Develop, run and analyze reports within MS Access and MS Excel
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)