You will be working closely with a team of other talented individuals in a challenging and rewarding environment where everyone is
a contributor and opportunity abounds. You will be expected to:
- Design and coordinate complex projects with many parts (custom hardware, custom software, 3 party hardware & 3 party
software) that interact extensively with one another.
- Participate in all aspects of product design from concept to system design, component design (hardware & software),
component testing, system testing, and successful production.
- Assist in the integration and system level testing of all parts of a system until it is working smoothly. During this process, the
systems engineer will coordinate the work of many specialists as well as test technicians.
- Integrate the work of several other engineers, each of whom may be a specialist in one part of a system.
- Develop and document system designs and system test plans.
- Develop and document communication protocols between parts.
- Study, comprehend, apply and mentor team members in system designs and architectures.
- Critique, encourage and mentor other team members.
- Be self-motivated, taking independent initiative.
- Travel occasionally to interface with customers and provide on-site technical support.
- Team oriented character
- History of top performance
- 3.7+ accumulated GPA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conscientious, detail oriented character
- Completed BS, MS, or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Candidates should also possess strong familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Commercial product full life-cycle development
- Networking knowledge (TCP, UDP, IP, Routers)
- Knowledge of communication protocol stacks
- DSP / Signal Processing knowledge
- FPGA / Digital Design knowledge
- RF and/or Analog circuit design knowledge
- Programming skills in any of the following languages (C, C++, Labview, Matlab, C#, Java, assembly, VHDL, Verilog, DSPs)
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Network security technologies (Firewalls, IPS, IDS, DPI)
- Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g., protocol analyzers, network/spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters,
- IT certifications (e.g., Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, Security+, Network+, etc…)