SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Program Director, Rehabilitation Specialist serves as the immediate supervisor of PRP counselors. Oversee and ensure the effectiveness of PRP services provided by counseling staff.
REHABILITATION SPECIALIST ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Supervise and evaluate clinical staff in PRP program.
- Assure efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of PRP services.
- Plan and conduct clinical and non-clinical staff meetings.
- Assure maintenance of PRP clinical case records.
- Assure staff compliance with staff members COMAR policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Assure timely submissions of required reports.
- Participate in the hiring and credentialing of PRP staff.
- Assure the accomplishments of agency goals and objectives.
- Function effectively as coordinator for the Treatment Planning Team and Treatment Review Team.
- Recommend changes in personnel policy and/or procedure to the agency.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Professional experience in an administrative clinical supervisor role in Health/Mental Health agency.
- Must have 2 years direct care experience in working with emotionally disturbed youth. (Experience in working with emotionally disturbed children and adults preferred.)
- Knowledge and experience in quality assurance standards in any Mental Health setting.
- Professional training, licensure as a mental health professional in the State of Maryland.
- Experience in successfully interacting with staff.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Licensure as a mental health professional in the State of Maryland (LGSW, LCSW-C, LGPC, LCPC, etc.). The employee is responsible for maintaining licensure as required by the governing professional board.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed on CHS premises. Work may require the employee to attend meetings or training in public places and other facilities.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour