The main responsibility for this position is to welcome guests and deliver food to guests in a professional, welcoming manner.
- Creating an inclusive space for connections to occur. Able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly/fast manner.
- Introducing our beers to customers new and old in an accessible, open-minded way.
- Strive to provide service in such a way that every guest feels welcome, warm, included and leave able to recommend us to their friends and family.
- Be dedicated to quality and strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Check your ego at the door and behave in a humble, truthful, and honest way.
- Greet and share information on available seating, events, and other relevant information.
- Seat guests when appropriate or direct them to self seating areas.
- Deliver food to guest quickly and efficiently.
- Communicating clearly with the kitchen and other front of house staff.
- Have complete knowledge of our food, beer, and beverage offerings.
- Have working knowledge of our food, beer, and beverage preparation.
- Ability to clear and reset tables. Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the Tap Room.
- Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age or are visibly intoxicated.
- Observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive, ask a manager to intervene.
- Report to work looking sharp, neat, and clean with at least one Urban Growler branded garment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, burns, and chemicals. Frequent hand washing is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds; pushing or pulling products weighing up to 165 pounds. Reasonable accommodation will be provided
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Education and Experience
- Prior hospitality or related experience preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)