DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with management of all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing and receiving of inventory.
- Oversees implementation of accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews and approves journal entries.
- Maintains, reconciles, and administrates all general ledger accounts including but not limited to accounts receivable, inventory, and accounts payable.
- Coordinates and ensures accuracy and timeliness of internal and external financial reporting.
- Reviews fixed asset ledgers and ensures all items are properly capitalized and depreciated.
- Assists with coordination of annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts; participates in business planning and analyses.
- Reviews bank reconciliations.
- Assures accurate and timely monthly closing; assists with preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent with major in accounting or MBA.
- Four to eight years related experience and/or training.
- Basic competencies in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis evaluation, and scientific method.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate employees.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Design work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectively and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply