Unmanned systems offer many new opportunities, and also pose unique and complex challenges. Join our small team of talented scientists and engineers to help define how drones are leveraged by military, law enforcement, fire fighters, search and rescue teams, and many more.
What you will do?
- Work with a small team on cutting-edge research and development projects
- Design and develop prototype software using the latest open-source technologies
- Receive and incorporate feedback from end users, field tests, and exercises
- Explore technical possibilities collaboratively with motivated, world class colleagues
- Deliver practical solutions to complex problems
What you need?
- Bachelors in Computer Science and 2+ years of direct experience or M.S. in Computer Science
- Strong programming skills, and experience with Java
- Passion for software engineering practices
- Creative problem solving and ability to build rapid prototypes
- Excellent communication skills
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel
- U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
- Experience with Android
- Experience with unmanned systems or drones
- Experience with networking
- Previous work with situation awareness software, e.g., Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK)
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment. We are looking for a creative, talented software developer to join our Intelligence Software and Systems group. Work in our group focuses on designing, developing, and deploying new advances in cyber security, artificial intelligence, virtual technologies and distributed computing to solve challenges problems across a variety of application domains.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to learn and improve. If you are a creative problem solver and have an insatiable appetite for learning, come join our team! We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.