Do you love working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Are you passionate about helping others? Here at Med Care Pharmacy, we have a real passion for helping both our customers and our employees.
As a Delivery Driver, you will work in an exciting and dynamic environment. You will collaborate with the pharmacy, patients, and nursing homes to ensure that all deliveries/pick-ups are made in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will act as a liaison between the facility staff and our pharmacy, delivering medications with a strong sense of urgency directly to that patient’s home. As part of the Omnicare delivery team, you will deliver top-notch customer service and positively impact the lives of others.
- Work with pharmacy staff so that all deliveries leave the pharmacy at the appropriate time and delivered to the designated location requested
- Transport and deliver medication and front store items to patients in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage or loss
- Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which may include checking and/or logging recipient identification
- Report status and any problems to pharmacy management
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- Maintain company cars by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting any mechanical issues immediately to management
- If not given a company car, provide your own reliable, legal (registered and insured as required by your state law) transportation. Will be reimbursed for mileage
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to multitask and work under limited supervision
- Navigate their routes using basic internet map programs such as Google Maps or Map Quest
This part-time position includes varied shifts M-F, approximately 7:00 pm - 4:00 am, plus every other Saturday. Approximately 20 - 25 hours per week. Hours will vary based on company needs.
Required Qualifications :
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Possess and maintain a clear driving record
- Be able to communicate in English
- Ability to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
- Ability to be physically active for entire shift, as well as stand for intermittent periods of time
- Have a minimum of one year driving experience.
- Previous delivery or customer service experience preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.