Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. is the fourth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the world, and rapidly building brand presence. We manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers. Our goal is to continue to develop and market quality products that bring value to our customers and ultimately the patient. Current manufacturing capabilities allow Sun Pharma to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
At Sun Pharma we believe our people are an invaluable asset. Our culturally diverse workforce is one of our biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skill-sets. We are proud that our global workforce is bound by our common values:
Humility. Integrity. Passion. Innovation
Develop, enhance and implement strategic business opportunities for pharma and specialty brands with Trade Customers to include; full-line wholesalers, specialty distributors and retail pharmacy chains aligned with full-line wholesalers.
This position is responsible for providing key strategic channel management, lead negotiations and management of assigned wholesaler and specialty Distribution Services Agreements.
Develop and maintain long term, strategic partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders, monitor distributor operations, assure compliance with contract terms, and resolve data reporting and downstream customer issues. Partner with Patient Support Services, Brand Marketing, Market Access, Legal and Finance to launch new products and maintain optimal product availability for all brand products.
Act as the point of contact for assigned accounts to mitigate and resolve problems related to product inventory levels, product listings, data reporting, compliance and downstream customer issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop launch planning process and trade strategies for pipeline products that ensure product supply to end customers
- Complete Quarterly Business Reviews with assigned accounts to facilitate alignment with Distribution Services Agreements and trade policies (inventory levels, purchase controls, data, return goods,) and key performance metrics by working with Finance, legal, brand management and trade analytics.
- Initiate and develop business relationships with key decision-makers within each assigned account.
- Evaluate competitive activity and identify key opportunities to develop account objectives to increase sales, margins, and market share
- Collaborate with brand teams to align marketing strategies on brand awareness, education and patient adherence relative to trade customer opportunities
- Effectively negotiate and manage day to day operations of Distribution Services Agreements with assigned accounts
- Represent Sun’s interest at national trade association meetings and conventions
BS/BA Degree, relevant Master’s degree preferred
10 or more years of successful pharmaceutical field sales experience including at least 3 years of trade
national account management experience or trade experience from within a drug wholesaler or an
equivalent combination of experience and education
Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process in a large healthcare organization or prescription drug vendor; understands the pharmaceutical supply chain
Understands the laws and regulations affecting contracting and pricing in the pharmaceutical industry
Understands the relevant business strategies and manages performance to meet customer and Heron
Ability to negotiate contracts with key customers
Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
Ability to implement and monitor the overall sales and trade relations strategy
Ability to analyze a wide variety of data including sales and financial data to make business decisions
Ability to explore and evaluate options to achieve beneficial outcomes for all parties involved
Ability to use current information and expected future trends to establish objectives and goals
Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key trade customers in order to build trust and increase Sun’s competitive advantage
This is a field based position, with frequent travel to our Corporate office in Princeton, NJ. The position will require at least 50% travel (overnights/some weekends)