Job Title: Oracle DBA
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Fulltime Permanent
- Strong experience with administration of Engineered Oracle Databases 11g and 12c, RAC, ASM, Dataguard, Grid Infrastructure.
- Responsible for configuration, monitoring, performance tuning of software-engineered applications, backup & recovery of the databases.
- Oracle DB performance Tuning expert
- Analyze, debug and troubleshoot software application performance issues and develop solutions using Oracle SPM baselines, SQL Profiles etc.
- Write and test UNIX shell scripts and SQL scripts for software application/database monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Analyze operating system, network, and database, software application logs to troubleshoot application slowness issues and provide production support.
- Responsible for cross-platform (operating systems) database migration.
- Engage in evaluation and implementation of new database software technologies to enhance performance and increase availability.
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to do Disaster Recovery planning and testing on a regular basis.
- Strong hands-on experience with Exadata.
- Experience with working on 5+ TB VLDBs.
- Work experience in Banking and Financial domain is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a computing, science, or engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
Job Type: Full-time