This job is no longer available.
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking Accounting Center Senior Cash Application Analyst for it's Cary, North Carolina location. You will perform relevant Accounts Receivable Cash Application related tasks as a committed team member to meet the needs of ABB’s core business partners and to contribute to ABB’s vision of a world class Accounts Receivable department for the Accounting Center.
No Relocation Available for This Role
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform necessary activities / tasks within the Accounts Receivable Cash Application role to ensure accurate and timely reporting (e.g. Unapplied cash, match rate, unidentified cash, SLAs, and related metrics).
- Perform analysis of specific accounts on a regular basis, take appropriate action when necessary, and keep line manager informed about possible risks to the financials.
- Comply with and help to achieve Internal Control over Financial Reporting compliance in Accounts Receivable for applicable templates.
- Apply ABB Group Accounting standards, compliance to ABB’s Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, and local GAAP and compliance with ABB Group Charter.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and to standardize and harmonize processes across the country.
- Commit to a culture of learning.
- Perform reconciliations and serve as a single point of contact for the Global Business Services and Local Business Units as required.
- Review and provide feedback on Tier 2 AR Inquires related to Cash Application.
- Deduction troubleshooting (Special Pricing Agreements, Discounts, etc.)
- Serve as liaison to US Collection Team (e.g. missing customer remittance, other cash application issues).
- Lead and perform projects related to cash applications (unapplied cash reduction initiatives, bank account changes, etc.).
- Meet commitments and deliver high quality services to all applicable stakeholders.
- Commit to and deliver professional ownership of service levels.
- Commit to customer focus and customer satisfaction to ensure business partners are provided the service levels required.
- Identify best practice and communicate that to management.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, and a minimum of 4-5 years of experience, preferentially in Cash Application.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Knowledge of USGAAP.
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and internal control procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Finance Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-01-15
Job Function Finance
Publication ID US67355902_E3