Coordinates and facilitates Quality Management/Performance Improvement programs for the department. Collaborates appropriately to support ongoing Performance Improvement initiatives for the Hospital.
1. Coordinates Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities within the department.
2. Interprets regulations to identify elements of patient care to be monitored and the monitoring criteria; and to establish systems and processes to ensure compliance with agency requirements.
3. Collects and aggregates data of current patients for evaluation. Follows-up to ensure correction of identified problems.
4. Develops a review-timeline including components of patient records to convey the pertinent quality-of-care issues.
5. Evaluates care provided for patient outcome. Designs, implements and evaluates systems to improve care.
6. Maintains documentation of patient's treatment, activity and condition.
7. Educates and evaluates clinical and support department staff regarding quality management regulations and standards of care.
8. Assists with education programs for patients and their families.
9. Supports various outreach and support groups within the community.
10. Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or Physician Assistant Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse OR as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State OR current Licensed Registered Physician Assistant by New York State Department of Education, required.
- Minimum of (5) five years clinical experience including general knowledge of QM principles, NYPORTS and JCAHO requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of Quality Management, NYPORTS and The Joint Commission (TJC) requirements and supporting information system applications.