If you are looking for a challenging job in a fast paced industry, always looking to renew itself with the latest technology, this job is for you! GLV is a leader of pulp and paper equipment globally – Come join us! GLV has a Full-time opportunity for a Process Inspectorin the Berkshires located in our Lenox, MA site.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Inspect purchased component parts, units and sections as received, as well as at the vendor site.
- Receive direction from Supervisor and work from engineering drawings and specifications, route sheets, Quality Assurance policies and procedures, and special instructions.
- Comply with established procedures to document all inspections and tests performed. Use a broad range of precision measuring and testing equipment such as all types of micrometers, dial bore, height and surface gauges, sine bar, digital and electronic height gauges, thread gauges, hardness tester, comparator, etc., and layout equipment.
- Associates degree from a technical/trade school and/or 5-10 years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to operate overhead and jib crane.
- Ability to operate fork truck.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time and be able to obtain a US Passport.
Job Type: Full-time