EE - Hardware / Electronics Engineer
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Think Tank Team
Mountain View, CA
The Think Tank Team is an interdisciplinary collective of researchers, designers, scientists and engineers located in Mountain View, CA. Our mandate is to explore what's next for Samsung through a unique mix of research, early product development, and encompassing approach – and we have a strong track record of driving concepts to production. Our team members represent a diverse skillset, including electrical engineering, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics, and more from top-notch institutions such as MIT, Stanford, CMU, Oxford and others. You can learn about a fraction of our work at http://thinktankteam.info/.
We want to create products that will impact the lives of millions, and we believe that the first step on the path is to show real prototypes. We work on a wide variety of time scales, advancing science to working technology, developing new products, and creating new experiences. We believe that design and creativity are core duties of every member of our team.
You must be passionate about creating new devices and technologies, and ready to learn on the fly, solve complex problems, work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales. We believe a person's work speaks for itself, and welcome everyone with the right drive, attitude, and skills.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related applied science field.
- 3+ years hardware experience in real-world or comparable settings.
- Have strong background and interest in building hardware
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing, analog, digital, and high-speed circuit design.
- Proficient architecting, designing, and implementing full stack solutions.
- Proficient in firmware programming (C/C++) and system software on embedded devices.
- Proficient with industry standard PCB design tools for schematics and pcb layout.
- Experience with ARM based processors, micro-controllers, and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with board bring up and systems debugging tools such as bus analyzers, oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Ability to debug and problem solve in unfamiliar code bases and environments.
- Problem solver, "can do", "get any task done" attitude
- Familiarity in one or more modeling and simulation tools such as Spice/MATLAB/Python/etc.
- Experience with Android/Linux system software.
- Experience in at least one software programming language (python, java, etc.).
- Experience working/partnering with mechanical engineers and/or delivering simple mechanical prototype solutions.
As EE HW Engineer, you will be responsible for interfacing hardware, firmware architecture and design of new concepts and technologies. You will have ownership of system design and firmware on hardware prototype projects and development platforms. You will:
- Be responsible for understanding technologies and architecting various PoCs.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Experimenting with and implementing interfaces to various sensors.
- Writing programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and product
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.