The NAV Developer primary responsibility is leading the technical and configuration activities for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV system in a retail supply chain management focused company. This role will participate in the creation of functional requirements in conjunction with business users and produce technical design documents in line with company development standards. The main technical focus of this role will be programming using Microsoft Dynamics C/SIDE, C/AL along with other activities focused on using Microsoft SQL and . NET. This role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining interfaces with other ancillary business systems used by the organization and its partners. The person in this role should be comfortable operating all levels of the organization and collaborating across technical and functional disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Configure, develop and deliver MS Dynamics NAV software and components in all functions.
- Create new and modify existing customizations and integrations as requested by the business.
- Perform data conversions, debug systems problems, and craft resolutions.
- Installation and implementations of service packs and hot fixes as needed.
- Technical liaison to business groups for application support.
- Test functionally developed by the development team against business requirements.
- Support and drive process change and communication in line with NAV best practices.
- Coordinate and contribute to end-user training including development of system documentations and training materials.
- Assist with functional specifications of customizations and integrations required for NAV implementations.
- Serve as the lead NAV technical expert on the development team.
- Take the responsibility for the customized unit programming and overall system functionality.
- Work with the Project Managers, Business Analyst and Consultants to understand the business / application requirements of the assigned task.
- Take responsibility for delivering developments tasks within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Creation of technical documentation for all customizations and integrations.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Prior NAV upgrade and data migration experiences highly desired.
- Ability to document code customizations and integrations in compliance with established standards and practices.
- Ability to translate customer business requirements and specifications into code solutions along with the ability to develop and manage hours estimates.
- Ability to debug errors efficiently and effectively.
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep knowledge with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- In-dept Agile knowledge.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationship with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organization levels.
- Knowledge of both the functional and technical components of Microsoft Dynamics NAV with focus on Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing.
- Experience performance tuning Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Deep experience interacting with all levels of the organization to gather systems requirements.
- Understand the functional and technical differences between different releases of NAV 2017.
- Understanding of some of the more complex technical topics in Dynamics NAV.
- Experience on multiple successful implementations with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years C/AL development experience.
- 5+ or more years' experience as a software developer specifically working with NAV.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV certifications in related discipline a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of ERP programming experiences and hands on work with full life cycle implementations C/SIDE C/AL development language.
- Programming experience (C/AL, C/SIDE and C# for NAV, Windows PoweShell scripting)
- Experience configuring Microsoft Dynamcis NAV 2017.
- Experience working with common third-party add-on solutions and their integration with MS NAV highly desirable.
- Experience with SQL Server preferably with some knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job related duties and demand.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / TRAVEL
Limited to no work related travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
- C/C++: 3 years (Preferred)
- C/AL development: 4 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Dynamics: 4 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- SDLC: 3 years (Preferred)