Our heritage is driven by our commitment to the core values of People, Quality and Growth; our employees demonstrate, promote and exemplify our core values.
At C.H. Guenther and our subsidiaries we demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships.
This role is responsible for driving category management principles through the application of proactive data analytics and consumer/shopper insights as well as supporting the implementation of strategic brand plans as assigned. A key area of focus will be the development of high impact, insight-based recommendations that identify brand, category and customer strategies to win in the marketplace. Additional responsibilities include managing and/or assisting with marketing initiatives for the White Wings, Williams and Sun-Bird brand portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Prepare in-depth analysis of segment-specific data to understand business performance and contribute strategic insight and recommendations to the marketing and sales teams, including measurement, quantification and evaluation of the success of various marketing, retail and supply chain initiatives.
- Identify customer/category trends, cross-category dynamics, department best practices, consumer purchasing insights, customer business results, category management and opportunities for growth.
- Assist in continuous enhancement of an effective and efficient reporting system designed to leverage category management and primary and secondary information resources.
- Utilize and provide guidance to syndicated data and other resources as required.
- Facilitate the integration of category insights for brand and customer planning.
- Use insights to develop optimal assortment and planograms for our categories and brands.
- Develop new item and core distribution guidance based on category and shopper insights.
- Research and provide information on consumer and market trends on an ongoing basis.
- Execute and/or provide support for brand marketing programs and product management, as assigned, to include
- Product development and commercialization
- Promotions, merchandising and POS materials
- Forecasting and day-to-day product management
- Social media marketing and oversight.
- Assist with other priority projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business or Marketing concentration preferred.
- MBA or post graduate work in Marketing would be a plus.
- 3 – 5 years CPG experience in marketing and/or sales with a food manufacturing organization in the Retail/Grocery Industry
- Prefer 2 years of experience in category management, market research, and/or syndicated data analytics.
- Thorough understanding of retail information databases (IRI, Nielsen, Retail Link, etc.) for statistical modeling, category management, consumer marketing, trade marketing and sales
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to turn data/information into insights and recommendations
- Proven success/experience in the key disciplines of brand marketing, tactics and programs.
- Knowledge of multiple digital disciplines including but not limited to web, search, mobile, data and analytics.
- Demonstrated leadership and possesses the ability to develop interdepartmental relationships
- Must be able to persuade functional departments to take action without authority over these groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Data base management and optimized utilization.
- Capacity for interacting effectively with diverse groups of associates and agencies/suppliers ranging from entry level to executive level positions.
- Ability to work with multiple departments including but not limited to Sales, Cost Accounting, Operations, Purchasing, R & D, Quality Assurance, and Information Services.
- Proven ability to manage complexity and multiple projects, often with competing deadlines, with a bias for action.
- Proficient use of PC-based Microsoft applications, including Excel Pivot Tables and PowerPoint. SAP and forecasting experience desirable.
- Able to disseminate and present complex information in a variety of ways to facilitate decision-making.
- Strong report writing, presentation preparation and delivery.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Office environment
Light physical effort. Requires standing, sitting, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, fine dexterity, and handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds.
Travel – approx. 10 – 15%
Will Demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
Must be a team player and develop a close working relationship with all Sales and Marketing personnel.
Have a willingness and ability to take on new projects not originally assigned.
We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more.