- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Leadership Experience
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Responsible for overall balanced performance of multiple assigned branches (the “cluster”) with emphasis on lending, deposit acquisition and non-interest income generation for consumer and small business segments. Proactively initiate, develop, and manage long-term, profitable relationships with consumer and small business clients. Deliver superior quality service in person or by phone such that client needs are met on a consistent, positive basis. Provide general supervision of cluster with focus on sales efforts. Support operational risk management of the cluster.
Cluster Market Leader I-VI level assignment is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to: scope and complexity of responsibility, experience and expertise of manager, number of branches, deposit size, consumer and small business loan portfolio size, investment goals, revenue, client households assigned, and marketplace potential of the branch (segmentation), in addition to other criteria determined relevant by Retail and Small Business Banking Manager and the Community Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Responsible for instilling the BB&T Mission, Vision, and Values within the assigned cluster.
2. Responsible for coordinating efforts to ensure BB&T client service expectations are delivered.
3. Responsible for sales management and revenue generation within cluster. In addition, provide quality leadership, encouragement, and guidance to all assigned personnel, while ensuring that clients receive superior client service quality. Responsible for the execution of the BB&T sales process within the branch through BB&T supported sales processes and other Community Bank initiatives.
4. Make proactive daily contact with clients and prospects either by phone, in person (including active lobby engagement using Plan-it to determine optimal times) to identify additional client financial needs, initiate client relationships, and attract and retain new client households.
5. Initiate, direct, and participate in outside retail and small business client development and in-house marketing programs. Responsible for branch prospecting for new consumer and small business households. Prospecting and providing additional solutions that will expand existing household relationships. Participate in civic, government, professional, business, and community affairs, associations and groups to solicit and develop new consumer and small business households for the branches. Promote BB&T’s positive public image in the community.
6. Responsible for consumer and small business loan performance within the cluster pertaining to growth, profitability, and quality.
7. Responsible for the balanced growth, servicing, and profitability of the Bank’s deposit products.
8. By executing on the Consultative Sales and Service process, all cluster personnel must proactively and aggressively market non-credit services (e.g. Payment Solutions, Insurance, Merchant, Wealth, Investments, Payroll).
9. Responsible for providing leadership and coaching to all members of the branch sales teams to ensure maximum performance and attainment of personal goals and improvement plans.
10. Work closely with the Branch Banker Team Leader in assigned branches for optimal staffing of the branch teams to include hiring, goal setting, performance reviews and ratings, salary reviews, promotional transfers, terminations, training, etc.
11. Responsible for coordinating with the responsible Area Operations Officer to ensure that internal controls are maintained with a proper emphasis on operational risks. Maximize operations efficiently by managing non-interest expenses.
12. Proactively lead, manage and actively participate in consultations with the Teller Supervisor, in personnel related duties to the Tellers, including:
a. Recruiting, interviewing, and selecting;
b. Training and development;
c. Efficient staffing and scheduling;
d. Salary administration;
e. Routine coaching and counseling;
f. Timely performance reviews;
g. Staffing disciplinary issues;
h. Management of Workday/Plan-it.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Four years of experience in financial services
3. Two years of leadership experience
4. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
5. Strong written, verbal and communication skills
6. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership and to handle multiple priorities under time constraints
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
9. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and applicable NMLS background check
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Banking
2. Completion of BB&T’s Retail Academy within six months of employment in this role
3. Graduate of BB&T’s Leadership Development Program