This position is responsible for performing routine (journey-level) customer service work in the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) Customer Service Center. Work involves verbal and electronic customer contact, providing customer service support, responding to various public complaints, inquiries for information and state services. Books park reservations and assist with modifications, provides information on park use, facilities, programs and services. Conducts sales of State Park Passes, State Park Gift Cards, Individual and Dealer Off-Highway Vehicle Decals and branded merchandise sales, fulfillment and related services. Collects fees and processes reservations, participation and merchandise payments, refunds, and assesses administrative penalty charges for facility transfers and cancelations. Work requires preparation, interpretation and dissemination of information concerning agency programs such as boater, hunting and fishing education, licensing requirements and includes interpreting and explaining rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Creates and maintains related activity logs, reconciliation reports, conducts and compiles researched information for public dissemination, maintains public information, performance files and reports on services. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division and Branch rules, regulations and procedures.
- Graduation from High School or GED.
- One year experience working in reservations and/or call center providing customer facility reservations service, clerical and/or administrative work;
- Experience operating a computer, working with word processing, spreadsheets and personal information management software;
- Experience in data entry.
NOTE: Experience may have occurred concurrently.
- If driving is required, applicant must possess a valid State driver's license.
- Two years experience working in reservations and/or call center providing customer facility reservations service, clerical and/or administrative work;
- Experience working in sales and customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Knowledge of clerical office practices and administrative procedures used in a Customer Contact Center or phone sales environment;
- Knowledge of phone etiquette, business, facility reservations and destinations terminology, spelling and grammar;
- Knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Knowledge of sales transaction record keeping and reporting procedures;
- Skill in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication;
- Skill in providing quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner;
- Skill in using Automated Call Distribution telephone system;
- Skill in processing information and booking facility reservations and sales;
- Skill in the use of Internet, e-mail and voice mail systems for customer service activities;
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers and staff;
- Ability to use all program software used in a customer contact center;
- Ability to attempt customer issues resolution within a given time frame with supervisory assistance;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions;
- Ability to concentrate and stay focused while handling multiple projects in an open office environment with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to adhere to schedules and follow both written and verbal directions and procedures;
- Ability to maintain flexibility and work with frequent interruptions and multiple changing priorities;
- Ability to work efficiently in a dependable, organized and productive manner;
- Ability to conduct work activities in accordance with TPWD safety program.
In order to be considered for this position, the following information is required:
- Required to work 40 hours per week, includes various schedules with hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and days off other than Saturdays, Sundays and holidays;
- Required to work evenings as needed and split/flexible work hours;
- Required to adjust to changing schedules;
- Required to work at off-site events which may require weekends;
- Required to work overtime as necessary;
- Required to work in a call center environment with varying noise levels and numerous distractions;
- Required to wear a telephone headset;
- Required to operate a call center phone and use a computer the entire work day;
- Required to travel 5% with possible overnight stays;
- Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles.
- Submittal of a completed online application;
- Work history experience MUST be completed in the online application;
- A scanned copy of official college transcript(s) issued from the registrar must be attached to the online application (if applicable);
- Applicants must attach a DD214 or other supporting documentation to the online application to claim Veterans Preference.
NOTE: Resume and professional references may be attached to the online application, but not in place of the completed application. A skills test may be conducted at time of interview.
Army 15, 36, 42, 56, 68, 88, 89, 92
Navy SH, YN, SN, Limited Duty Officer, CWO
Coast Guard YN, 360
Marine Corps O1
Air Force 3A, 3M
http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf (Download PDF reader)