United States,New York,Long Island City
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Credit & Portfolio Risk Manager will be responsible for executing Citi’s Risk Appetite Framework and related monthly duties related to deadlines for reporting to Risk Appetite Benchmarks. Responsibilities span monitoring overall portfolio performance, acquisitions and ECM program performance and a number of triggers that are early warnings to changes in risk profile.
The role is responsible for working with teams in Global Risk, Marketing, Product, Decision Management and Finance to collaborate on setting Risk Appetite in a comprehensive manner that offers governance and controls, while facilitating profitable growth.
VP also will work closely with the portfolio loss forecasting team on the acquisitions impact to the overall portfolio loss performance.
The Credit and Portfolio Risk Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Risk Modeling, Portfolio and New Account Forecasting teams as well as data and reporting teams.
- Creating new Risk Appetite Benchmarks based on prior account performance and input from Risk Policy on future expectations.
- Test new benchmarks against Risk Guardrails to make certain new targets are within Citi’s overall Risk Appetite.
- Measuring acquisition campaigns against risk appetite framework to ensure they are within expected risk and return guardrails.
- Work with business peers to determine the best ways to produce results needed to support RAF.
Provide Risk Management the most recent updates that includes the latest actuals and key drivers to forecast risk profiles for Program / segment and channel
- Provide quantitative support for internal audits (ARA, FCR and Balanced Scorecard)
- Establish and continually update standardized business and submission documentation.
- Partner with Risk organization to understand sources of data and continue to improve the process of defining, extracting and utilizing data.
- Drive continuous improvement of information controls with organizations outside of Risk to meet business objectives.
- Mentor new staff on existing processes and data sources
- Automat existing processes and deliverables as much as possible
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to answer senior leadership questions
- Create presentations for analysis - clearly stating objectives, methodology and key findings
- Forecasting movement in ANR based on historical results credit losses for new account acquisitions based on RAF benchmarks.
- Working with marketing, decision management and finance on the P&L’s for the acquisition investment decision.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Card experience with compiling data - SAS / Citi EDW
Strategic thinking coupled with ability to drive change end to end from concept to execution
Self-starter who proactively seeks ways to improve processes
Strong understanding of Risk Management and Financial Statements (P&L, Balance Sheet)
Ability to understand and work with complex data to formulate a view of the card business that can be actioned by management
Broad understanding of overall credit card business and key drivers of profit and loss
Vision and ability to provide innovative solutions to core business practices
Ability to develop partnerships across multiple business and functional areas
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
position also requires the ability to work with all levels within the organization to drive projects to completion.
Bachelor’s degree required in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, or a relative quantitative discipline.
Key Collaboration Points:
- Ability to present to internal teams and peers in other groups
- Flexibility to work well with varying personal styles
- Ability to develop strong working relationships that foster cooperation and respect
- Global Risk and Regional Risk
- Close interactions with Risk policy areas, Risk IT, and other cross-functional teams
- Experience in consumer lending business and/or risk management. Credit card experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand and work with complex data and financials to forecast performance of new business. This requires strong analytical, communication, and project management skills. The position also requires the ability to work with all levels within the organization to drive projects to completion.
- SAS/SQL and understanding of data files and data manipulation.
- Strong understanding of the Card financials/P&L and underlying drivers.