The NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) enriches the environment and protects public health for all New Yorkers by providing 1.1 billion gallons of high quality drinking water, managing wastewater and stormwater, and reducing air, noise, and hazardous materials pollution. DEP is the largest combined municipal water and wastewater utility in the country, with nearly 6,000 employees. DEP's water supply system is comprised of 19 reservoirs and 3 controlled lakes throughout the system’s 2,000 square mile watershed that extends 125 miles north and west of the City.
The Bureau of Wastewater Treatment (BWT) is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all facilities related to the treatment of sewage within the five boroughs of the City. This includes 14 wastewater treatment plants, sludge dewatering facilities, collections facilities (pumping stations, combined sewer overflow retention facilities, regulators, tide gates, etc.), wastewater laboratories and harbor vessels.
Under supervision, with latitude for independent judgment, performs clerical duties.
1. Performing document and record inventory control in accordance with the Agency Records Management policies.
2. Provide administrative support to the 14 Wastewater Treatment Plants.
3. Type process reports and other memoranda.
4. CMMS (Synergen) and general data entry.
5. Collect, sort, and file all pertinent time and leave personnel requests.
6. Prepares accident reports, compensation, DOSH/PESH forms for employee injuries.
7. Processing Budget, Purchase and Receiving Reports.
8. Medical documentation and personal records are kept secure and confidential.
9. Prepare absence and tardiness calendars.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a part-time position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and one year of satisfactory clerical experience.
Keyboard familiarity with the ability to type at a minimum of 100 key strokes (20 words) per minute.
Computer Skills and Knowledge:
1. Proficiency in the following computer programs: Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
2. Strong technical writing, typing skills and communication skills.
Education and Work Experience:
1. Process data entry
2. Overtime reports
4. Computer Skills
Appointments are subject to OMB approval.
For additional information about DEP, visit www.nyc.gov/dep.
DEP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce. Your voluntary response to the NYCAPS on-line application section for referral information will assist us tremendously in our ability to track the success of our outreach and recruitment efforts. Please be sure to indicate your source of referral to this job.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate on your resume or cover letter that you would like to be considered under the 55-a Program. This position is also open to non 55-a Program candidates who meet the education and experience requirements as listed in the job posting notice.
Health and Safety/Working Conditions:
1. Sewage environment with stained paperwork and odors.
To Apply: Click "Apply Now" button
Hours/Shift: 21 hours per week / day
Wards Island, N.Y.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Recruitment Contact: Grace Pigott
Recruitment Email: email@example.com