Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Facilities Project Manager to join our data center facility operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facilities Project Manager will serve as the point of contact for stakeholders keeping documented progress and reports of all projects. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. The responsibilities of this role will help coordinate and prioritize a wide range of projects planning and execution, developing project charters, work breakdown structures, and resource-loaded schedules. The role requires proficiency in communicating issues and successes with respective operations groups. This individual will be coordinating all required resources to accomplish multiple projects for the site providing prioritization of work. Proficiency in working with sourcing and contract resources is essential.
Develop project charters, schedules, resource requirements, and work breakdown structures.
- Leverage resources to compile cost and schedule estimates for projects.
- Manage project scope from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and close-out.
- Provide prioritization of data center projects across a multiple building site.
- Clearly articulate project requirements to multiple stakeholders both on and off site.
- Coordinate with the Facility Technical Manager and Chief Building Engineers to provide project planning and execution support where needed.
- Report on project performance and status.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution and completion to safety, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Ensure commissioning is executed and all final documentation needs are delivered on time.
- Work directly with Sourcing and the Facility Support Manager in procuring owner-supplied equipment and services directly with the procurement team.
- Track purchases, project related receivables, and report accruals.
- Provide project status reports to stakeholders through a robust communication plan.
- Manage project discussions, communications and on-site meetings.
- Collaboratively manage priorities based on workflow demands.
- Optimize use of Computerized Maintenance Management System for reporting and providing progress updates of projects.
- Occasional travel to Data Centers and vendors as required less than 10%.
3+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning in critical environments
- Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, and Fire & Life Safety Systems and building codes
- Experience forecasting project budgets, schedules, and resources
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management IT toolsets (i.e.: Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
5+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning in critical environments.
- Formal Project Management qualification.
- Education in a technical field such as engineering or project management.