At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Early Career Civil Engineer for our New York, NY (1 Penn Plaza) office. Be involved in projects with our Transportation Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. Please note this posting is NOT for a structural engineering position.
- Design and drafting of highway, and urban roadway, and site projects
- Design and drafting of underground utility networks
- Design and drafting of drainage systems
- Development and review/verification of construction cost estimates
- Development of technical memos and other professional communications
- Interaction with a variety of clients to develop unique and cost effective designs
- Support a variety of engineering tasks with the goal to develop technical, social, and ethical skills.
- Apply basic principles of Civil Engineering in public transit, roadway, drainage and utility projects.
- Assist with project research, field work, and preliminary design calculations and analysis.
- Support preparation of final design plans, specifications, special provisions, and cost estimates.
- Assist in collecting and maintaining project documentation.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct including adhereing
- to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities when required by business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related degree.
- 0 to 1 years of relevant post education experience.
- Prior internship experience, leadership experience, or relevant coursework.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- The successful candidate will have 0-3 years of internship experience in Civil Engineering.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Civil3D, and/or Microstation.
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $53,200 - $93,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: New Graduate
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: NEW YORK - PENN PLAZA
- All locations: US-NY-New York
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation – no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.