Our Catering Cooks are very important members of our kitchen staff. They are responsible for making sure that food is prepared to the exact specifications of the Chef and our event clients. The company is growing and there are many upcoming career opportunities!
The ideal candidate must be able to execute standardized recipes while maintaining a safe and clean work environment for the restaurant and catered events and to ensure the guests have an unforgettable experience at the Grove or any of the Leal properties. The employee must be able to communicate with property managers to stay on time according to the function’s timeline. Must be able to communicate with management to stay on task.
Essential Job Functions
- Executing standardized menus in compliance with company standards
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Safely able to use a knife and kitchen equipment
- Maintaining high standards for safety, sanitation and cleanliness of all properties
- Maintaining organization of refrigeration units, dry goods, and equipment areas
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm to resolve problems using good judgment
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as a team
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Practice safe working habits and take appropriate breaks and lunch periods in a timely manner
- Be in communication with property management for any special requests
- Organizational skills for preparing for events on and off site
- Assist other cooks to ensure product quality
Education & Experience
- Certificate from culinary college or technical school: or one year related experience and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a fast paced high volume establishment preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a current California Food Handler’s certificate
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Drivers License with a safe driving record to work at different Leal properties as needed
- Professional communication skills are required.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to take direction.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team environment
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time
- Varied schedules to include evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours of business
- Must be well groomed and professional
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or please visit us in person Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at:
7511 Pacheco Pass Highway
Hollister, CA 95023
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
- Culinary: 1 year (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly