The Genomics Research Scientist position is available within the Genomics Research and Development Group at BioReference. As part of the Genomics R&D team the candidate will improve current Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows as well as bring on new technologies and develop novel diagnostic assays and approaches.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Engage in fundamental diagnostic assay development and seamlessly transition their work into the clinical setting.
- Acquire new technical skills
- Drive projects to completion on time.
- Play an active role in experimental design.
- Work closely with the clinical production laboratory to successfully integrate newly developed assays and products.
- Communicate the status of projects, in presentations and in reports, to internal stakeholders.
Required Education & Experience
- BS degree in Biology, Genetics, Genomics or relatable life science with at least 4 years of experience within an NGS laboratory
- MS degree in Biology, Genetics, Genomics or relatable life science with at least 2 years of experience within an NGS laboratory
- PhD degree in Biology, Genetics, Genomics or relatable life science with experience developing new DNA or RNA molecular tests
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of molecular biology and related protocols (including DNA/RNA preparation, DNA/RNA quantification, DNA hybridization, PCR, qPCR, multiplex amplification and DNA bead-based purification).
- Demonstrated NGS laboratory experience.
- Experience troubleshooting molecular biology protocols
- Rapidly acquire expertise in new techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to train others on new assays
- Ability to execute multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated experience developing new molecular assays (highly desired)
- Experience with liquid handling robotic equipment
- Experience with Illumina or ThermoFisher sequencing technology
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled