The evisceration department has responsibility to prepare bird for further processing by removing feathers, viscera and other unusable parts. Includes harvesting giblets, trimming bruised or damaged tissue, washing carcass inside and out, grading and trussing legs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors.
2. Prepare product as it moves along the production line.
3. Use hand tools such as Wizzard knife, scissors, vacuum wands, knives and other related equipment to clean out turkeys.
4. Hang birds on shackles as they exit the de-feather line on to shackles for further processing and remove birds from shackles at end of production line.
5. Comply with safety and sanitation standards and regulations, contributing to a clean, safe work environment, including proper use of all safety equipment and clothing.
6. Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Plainville Brands.
· Ability to work in a production environment.
· Ability to take direction and work with others as part of a team.
· Ability to carry out repetitive motions with arms, hands and wrists, including fine motor skills to hold tools.
· Ability to reach at shoulder height frequently.
· Flexibility to changing duties, rotations and product requirements.
· Ability to regularly stand, walk, and repetitively use arms, wrists and hands.
· Ability to lift, push or pull up from 10 to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma