At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you the kind of engineer who focuses first on laying solid foundations? Do you get satisfaction from enabling every moment of gameplay, from first prototypes to final performance, polish and technical finish? Are you methodical? Do you think long-term, plan for the future, and love knowing the ins and outs of an extensive code base? If you're an engineer who is used to having your hands in everything, and who loves creating and improving the core systems that drive all aspects of gameplay, we want to talk to you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer for Game Engines, who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and efficient design. You'll be working on critical low-level systems: memory management, file systems, I/O optimization. You'll collaborate across much of the development team, including engineers, designers, and artists, coming together develop robust game systems and tools to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever!
- Low-level systems work across memory management, file systems, I/O optimization
- Drive development of our game systems, tools, and pipelines
- Collaborate with content creators to improve workflows and efficiency
- Dive into a large codebase to simplify processes, solve challenges, and identify deficiencies
- Work in an Agile environment to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of multi-threading concepts
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience in low-level tech, engines, core systems and libraries
- Experience writing multi-threaded code
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Shipped game titles, preferably on console
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $180,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com