IAM National Pension Fund
Seeks an Assistant Manager
Pension Department – Clerical Team
We are seeking an organized and proactive Assistant Manager to lead a clerical team in the Pension Department that is responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail for pension plan participants. The Clerical Team Assistant Manager will ensure the processes performed by the Clerical Team are completed timely, with quality and within legal guidelines and established performance standards. This position also requires great communication skills, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word proficiency, as well as the ability to cultivate a team environment. The Clerical Team Assistant Manager will be required to interact and collaborate with various departments within the Fund.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage incoming and outgoing mail and ensure the accurate entries into the Fund’s established system of record.
- Ensure the successful coordination of the assignment and forwarding of incoming mail for various departments.
- Respond to verbal and non-verbal inquiries of Plan participants, Representatives, Union Officials, and potential applicants
- Manage departmental standards against performance targets and within established policies and procedures.
- Write, develop, and implement strategies to assist Clerical Team with managing workloads to increase productivity.
- Investigate internal and external complaints and issues to provide resolutions by analyzing concerns, identifying solutions and tracking lessons learned. Train Clerical Team on newly established tasks and process as they arise.
- Ensure the team is kept inform on departmental updates that will impact Clerical Team processes.
- Establishes and implements necessary communication strategies for the improvement and awareness of quality issues within department.
- Review and analyze team productivity to track productivity and quality, detect trends and produce reports to the Pension Manager on a periodic basis.
- Review and approve the team’s payroll and track attendance.
- Conduct individual and team meetings to discuss work reports and production and promote collaboration amongst the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (cont.):
- Establish and maintain system logs for tracking and measuring performance against established standards.
- Gathers and reviews information data for Quarterly Board of Trustees (BTM) Report.
- Reviews, sorts, and distributes requests, correspondences, and applications in preparation of processing pension benefits.
- The performance of additional duties and project-oriented tasks will be assigned as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to understand the in-depth functions of operating a Pension Department
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing; and demonstrate strong grammar and proof-reading skills
- Must thoroughly understand all “Clerical procedures” to provide assistance to Clerical Team
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to recognize and resolve potential conflicts
- Ability to analyze issues and recommend solutions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in decision making
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to establish team and individual priorities
- Must have in-depth problem solving, reporting, and research skills
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rates are essential
- Must have good attendance and ability to put in long hours when needed
Candidates should have a good attendance record, excellent interpersonal skills, be detail oriented and exemplify the IAMBFO Core Values.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $29.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place