Prestigious growing downtown law firm needs experienced full-time Legal Billing Specialist to join our Accounting Department to handle the billing processes and reporting functions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for individually compiling and executing attorney billing.
The position requires an individual who is a self- starter, can function independently and is extremely organized, who can create structure, and accomplish billing functions under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer. The firm offers an unparalleled opportunity to work with top-notch talent, a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, growth and continuous training opportunities.
The Billing Specialist role requires fluency in Microsoft Office programs / applications, Elite Enterprise or equivalent accounting software experience, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Specific duties and responsibilities listed below:
- A team member for all legal billing for the firm, including electronic billing
- Monitoring daily operating activity of billing functions
- Has extensive law firm billing and narratives experience
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests
- Executes complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills)
- Has ability to handle a high volume of bills per month and ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients
- Reviews status of client accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner; solves difficult payment and associated problems; audits client accounts
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required; researches and responds to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Creates schedules and various other billing analyses as required
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (Elite, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities, including analyses from system reporting
- Participates in training opportunities for advanced knowledge of systems
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times and assists with special projects as needed
Fast-paced team environment requires above-average communication skills, professional manner, flexibility, and ability to work well under pressure.
Excellent compensation and benefit program for candidates meeting our requirements as listed above.
Job Type: Full-time