- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR Certification
- Hospitality Experience
JOB TITLE: Bath Attendant (Male Locker Room)
REPORTS TO: Spa Manager and Spa Director
Guide guests/members through indoor baths explaining the benefits of holistic bathing, hydrotherapy and provide information of the properties integral living services, experience treatments as well as spa services. Assist and servicing guests with their “DIY” services*. Maintain linen and laundry supplies. Monitor spa areas, indoor bathing, fitness center, locker rooms, restrooms, and out door experience areas ensuring the spa's established standards of cleanliness are met. Maintain the spa’s presentation and ambiance. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling related guest requests or concerns.
Indoor baths and spa areas. Job involves working:
- Under variable temperature conditions (extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around partially or un-clothed individuals.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
- Around bio‑hazards (including but not limited to cleaning fluids).
Internal: Spa Managers, Spa Coordinators, Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Staff, Engineering, Front Office Staff, Executive Staff.
External: Hotel guests/Spa members/Spa visitors.
Ability to: Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest's service needs.
- Work cohesively with co‑workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
- Makes eye contact, demonstrates correct body language, and smiles, readily to assist and service guests.
- CPR certification
- Ability to speak, read & write English.
- High school graduate.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non‑verbal.
- Fluency in second language, preferably Spanish.
- Previous training in guest relations.
- Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably Housekeeping in a resort market.
- 1 year prior experience in a spa environment.
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques and chemical handling.
- Knowledge of hydrotherapy and holistic health care.
- Exert physical effort in transporting dirty linen (40 pounds) to storage room.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas including walking up and down stairs with loaded arms.
- Reach 3 feet.
- Remain active for 2 hours at a time.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co‑workers to their understanding.
- Exert physical effort to perform cleaning, remove dirt and debris from various surfaces.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- *Tour guests/members through indoor baths.
- *Assist and service guest to their “DIY” services.
- *Suggest guests of the holistic bath services and mud lounge treatment experiences.
- Guide guests/members to their locker rooms.
- Guide guest to the meditation rooms.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Be familiar with all bathing components and hydrotherapy culture philosophy and services to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas ongoing.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and resort requirements.
- *Inspect & prep bathing areas before and after use by guests.
- Empty water from soaking tubs and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Maintain & sanitize stocked lockers with appropriate sized robe, sandals, and towel.
- Maintain & sanitize un-stocked lockers.
- Maintain order in distribution of pre-sized locker contents in locker rooms.
- Maintain stock & sanitize refreshment areas in hammam, tea service areas and water coolers in all areas.
- Transport maintenance caddy with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to areas in need.
- Empty trash containers and dispose of used service containers ongoing.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par in areas concerned.
- Inspect & maintain bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor free from soil, dirt, soap build‑up and hair
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Clean surfaces in bathrooms on on-going schedule.
- Inspect condition of sandals, towels and bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Assist therapists in removal of dirty table linens and stocking rooms with clean linen.
- Assist therapists and staff in keeping storage closets clean.
- Dust and polish surface areas as needed.
- Inspect condition of facilities daily for wear, stains, cracks, etc.; use a maintenance request and report any damages to Manager on Duty & enter “Spa Report” in log book.
- Set correct time on all clocks.
- Clean all lamps and light switches as needed; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Inspect condition of amenities in locker rooms; replace designated amounts at proper locations ongoing.
- Monitor and remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from all door(s) ongoing.
- Ensure presence of fire safety gear and emergency & caution signage.
- Assist Housekeeping & Engineering with the removal of dust, dirt and smudges from vents, grids and thermostat. Set thermostats to designated temperature.
- Inspect & maintain that all baseboards, ledges and corners are free from dust, stains and marks.
- Return laundry caddy and any equipment used to appropriate area at end of shift.
- Wipe any equipment used until it is clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned property keys.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the spa coordinator.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour