The primary responsibilities of the Solution Architect will be designing, configuring, and maintaining servers, SANS, and applications for both internal use and for our managed services customers. The architect will be involved in troubleshooting issues and participate in disaster recovery testing efforts, including the maintenance of DR procedures for new and existing systems.
- Evaluate, maintain, integrate, test and troubleshoot components in networked computer systems and support existing hardware and software in use.
- Build and deploy Windows and ESXi hypervisors to meet requirements for new projects.
- Manage and monitor server and application infrastructure including Microsoft Active Directory, office 365, Azure, and SharePoint; SQL server; VMware vSphere; VSAN; NexGen / EqualLogix Storage Area Networks.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on server and network security and policies.
- Manage backup and archiving solutions, including Veeam for server / VMware backups and Barracuda for email/Sharepoint archiving.
- Create and maintain server / application documentation including installation and disaster recovery procedures.
- Coordinate IT systems capacity planning and performance improvement efforts.
- Analyze, communicate, track, and coordinate all production system outages including scheduled maintenance.
- Perform root-cause analysis of technology environment issues in conjunction with internal staff.
- Work with staff to translate root-cause analysis results into actionable solutions.
- Ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Real-Time monitoring/gathering of production information.
- Assist in Compliance Coordination efforts for IT.
- Maintain understanding of internal and external business units and their workflows.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes.
- Provide Tier II support for the help desk and help desk related issues as needed.
- After hours availability is required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of increasingly responsible IT experience in a combination or subset of the following areas: Network Operations / Configuration Management / Production Support / Data Center Operations.
- Strong understanding of WAN / LAN infrastructure, SAN technologies, Windows servers (Active Directory), and, Cybersecurity
- Familiarity with Microsoft and 3rd party applications including: office 365, powershell, SharePoint online, SQL Server, VMware vSphere, VSAN, Veeam, Solarwinds, SIEM technology
- Certifications a plus – Microsoft and/or VMware
- Familiarity with NexGen / EqualLogix hardware is a plus.
- Familiarity with Okta for MFA & SSO is a plus
- Cisco Networking & VOIP experience is a plus
- Ability to manage customer relationships and strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and non-verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to work in multi-task working conditions with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to be proactive in problem resolution for a production environment
- Must be highly self-motivated and demonstrate a consistently strong initiative
- Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers working across several different complex application platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Similar experience levels considered.
Job Type: Full-time