Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
LEGACY Supply Chain Services, a leading distribution, technology, and integrated logistics provider has been recognized by Inbound Logistics as a Top 100 3PL Provider and by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
LEGACY Supply Chain Services recognizes and values the diversity of its teammates, customers and business partners. EOE/M/F/D/V This position offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with generous company match."
We are currently hiring for a Weekday Area Manager for the 2nd shift (equivalent to an Operations Supervisor). The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY SCS standards for safety, quality, productivity, and conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Managerial skills including coaching and counseling team members; providing advice and guidance to staff members in the resolution of problems * Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement * Problem solving skills including analysis of information * Knowledge of business and management principles * Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Transportation experience * Knowledge in scheduling and man power planning to effectively handle necessary requirements of the operation while managing labor cost and productivity * Knowledge of public warehousing, processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods * Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees and customers * Ability to identify the needs of others by coaching, mentoring and assisting employees to improve their knowledge and skills * Best Practice Inventory Control Processes *Position will be 100% a floor position *Managing a workforce of 20+ employees (pending through volume* Additional duties as necessary
COMMUNICATION & OFFICE SKILLS:
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively. The ability to operate office machinery is required, as well as to effectively operate on the computer systems and all required customer systems as well necessary personal computer programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally).
JOB REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment / third party warehouse environment.
* Associate /BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
* Ability to pass a background and drug screen
* Detail oriented with ability to demonstrate skill in business analysis, and/or a track record in executing company standards successfully.
* Ability to effectively communicate, interact and convey business decisions with many different levels within the organization.
* Thorough knowledge of receiving, shipping, inventory systems, supply chain management, logistics, customer service, reporting, system analysis, equipment and warehouse functionality
* Proven success in maintaining quality, service and client relationships in a high-paced setting.
* Experience working in team oriented, multi-shift environment.
* Strong computer skills with proven competencies in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Familiar with use of WMS systems (RF Technology)
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
* Ability to be flexible with work schedule. This is a weekday evening position.
* Ability to work under time constraints
Shift Hours: 12:30pm-11:00pm Tue-Fri, will need some flexibility with hours for training (which might need to train during normal work hours 5am-3:30pm Tu-Fr)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand sometimes in excess of 7 hours and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may periodically lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
LEGACY Supply Chain Services recognizes and values the diversity of its teammates, customers and business partners. EOE/M/F/D/V
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to careers@legacyscs. com. Complete our online application at legacyscs.com
Job Type: Full-time