Customer Service Associate (ASC I)
Date Posted:May 8, 2019 Closing Date:
May 22, 2019
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
Customer Service Associate (ASC I)
Administrative Support Coordinator I
Under direct supervision of the Manager of Customer Service and the Director of Facility Operations, the Customer Service Associate provides support to the Customer Service Center as part of a team. The incumbent is responsible for: evaluating each request that comes into the Customer Service Center to determine the appropriate course of action; reviewing craft timesheets and completed work orders for accuracy and completeness; preparing department chargeback work orders for billing and assisting with billing report; assisting with the distribution and receipt of keys and electronic access devices to members of the campus community; assisting, or acting as a backup to, the Manager of Customer Service in maintaining the integrity of the University electronic access system for entrances and exits to buildings and grounds; acting as back up for ordering general office supplies for the department and process individual supply requests; and providing support for special projects to key department personnel, as needed. This position is responsible for providing a full range of support to the Department of Facilities Management, as well as customer service support to the campus community.
Non-Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$2,846 – $4,998 monthly
$2,846 - $3,200 monthly
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Facilities Management is the steward for the University buildings, infrastructure, grounds and landscape. We perform maintenance and renovation to facilities, plan and manage new building construction and support the Redefine the Possible initiative through our commitment to building a welcoming campus and by creating a dynamic physical environment for students, faculty, staff, and the community. https://www.csus.edu/aba/facilities/
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skills in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
1. Experience providing clerical and administrative support functions in an office environment.
2. Experience using and operating standard office equipment such as computer, copier, fax and scanner
3. Experience providing customer service using tact and diplomacy to various constituents.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
4. Proficiency using standard office software packages (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism.
6. Knowledge of record-keeping, office electronic filing systems and procedures.
7. Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to be self-motivated and work independently as well as part of a team.
9. Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
10. Ability to independently apply a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
11. Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to develop practical and thorough solutions.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to successfully complete a background check.
12. Experience in a facilities or equivalent environment
13. Experience using an enterprise resource planning system such as PeopleSoft
14. Experience working at an institution of higher education, such as the California State University system
15. Experience using a two-way radio, multi-line phone, copier, printer, fax and shredder
16. Experience using a database system, preferably a maintenance management system
Valid California Driver’s License and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
- Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.htm
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit: http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * How did you hear about this employment opportunity? •CSU Careers Website
- CalJobs Website
- Agency Referral
- Current eReferral
- HERC Website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Other website
2. * What is the highest level of education attained? •GED
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
3. * How many years of Administrative support experience do you have? •0-2
Documents Needed To Apply
Required Documents 1.Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Optional Documents 1.Cover Letter