Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period:
TX > HOUSTON > ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Progam Manager Liver Transplant Services
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Education and Licensure Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator (CCTC) and/or Certified Clinical Transplant Nurse (CCTN) credential upon hire, or, obtained within one year of employment
- Seven (7) years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Three (3) years of experience in a transplant programming, including direct experience as a transplant nurse coordinator
1. Provides leadership, direction and coordination of assignments for staff. Assesses daily staffing and provides resources to ensure efficient and effective coordination of services. Ensures that call schedule is appropriately managed (24/7, 365). Responsible for performance appraisals, corrective action and counseling for team members
2. Ensures that team members function appropriately in their scope of practice and facilitates competency based orientations as well as annual competency based assessments aligning with the practice identified by NATCO for the Certified Clinical Transplant Nurse Coordinator
3. Serves as a clinical resource to staff, physicians and key internal stakeholders including nursing and case management. Collaborates with the medical staff, nursing staff, patient, family, decision maker (s), and other disciplines as indicated in the coordination of the plan of care. Uses critical thinking skills
4. Collaborates with the Director and Physician Leaders to implement, monitor and review plans to achieve the established goals for the transplant program, Reviews reports and responds with the appropriate action plans. Reviews work assignments and projects of the program to ensure goals are being managed accordingly.
5. Participates in the organ specific Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) plan. Collaborates with the Director of Transplant Quality on the assessment of data and key quality metrics, including implementation of process improvement initiative as needed.
6. Participates with the Director of Transplant Services in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures
7. Initiates and participates in activities to enhance professional development in the program with team members. Serves as a resource to staff by providing coaching in order to promote staff member accountability and responsibility.
CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center