Canon has a full time/permanent position for a Traveling Mail Clerk supporting several of our client sites throughout the Virginia area. We are seeking self motivated individuals that are trainable and seeking long term opportunity!
Areas of Travel:
Ashburn, VA (home base)
Fort Washington, PA
*_**All candidates must have their OWN form of reliable transportation to get to and from the work sites. Reimbursement for mileage and/or parking will be offered.**
Insures total customer (internal & external) satisfaction through understanding of customer expectations, proactive problem identification/resolution, and maximizing opportunities to build relationships.
- Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
- Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
- Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
- Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
- Organize and distribute supplies to client. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
- Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
- Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
- May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
- Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Where appropriate, generate activity and confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
- Perform other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
- Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site.
Job Type: Full-time
- shipping: 1 year (Preferred)
- mailroom: 1 year (Preferred)
- valid drivers license (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- 8 hour shift