Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Campus/College Recruiter will develop strategies and coordinate the talent selection process for undergraduate, graduate level candidates, both on and off campus. In this role, the College Recruiter will be responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with key academic contacts, student hires and internal customers. This position will support multiple campus recruiting initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts at target schools including academic faculty, career services, development offices, student organizations, etc.
- Promote the company’s brand and image on assigned college campuses
- Execute recruitment strategies to reach high volume campus hiring goals
- Implement sourcing strategies to identify talented college candidates while paying particular attention to diversity initiatives
- Serve as the initial contact for prospective students that are recent and future graduates
- Work with recruiting teams or internal clients to staff campus events and interview schedules for each university
- Conduct the initial screening on campus to determine suitability and interest and educate college candidates on the company and Americold’s opportunities
- Manage and coordinate interviews between Candidates and Hiring Managers
- Manage and coordinate all communication with candidates throughout the Recruitment, Selection and Hiring Cycle
- Extend verbal offers of employment to college candidates under the direction of the Hiring Managers and within the guidelines of Company’s Compensation policy
- Ensure all proper paperwork and documentation is completed for all college candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Manage all college candidate data tracking, reporting and analysis
- Analyze progress and results at assigned schools, identify best practices and develop strategic recommendations for future recruiting
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate experience in full lifecycle recruiting with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in College Hiring and in implementing College Relations programs
- Minimum of a college degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have experience with building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and Internet research
- Strong record of success in planning & executing large-scale recruiting events and interview days
- An expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing , relationship management
- Knowledge and past use of applicant tracking system
- Excellent project management, writing, and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to be self-directed with a high sense of urgency, while also effectively collaborating and working in a team environment
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to function/recruit on a national, multi-location level
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications and the use of email
- Must be Internet savvy and experienced in mining online databases
- Travel to selected universities as needed, 25% travel required
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business up to 10%
- May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.